The Ultimate Adventure Experience
For a truly unforgettable step back in time, ride our coal-fired, steam-powered narrow gauge train to the historic mining town of Silverton.
For a truly unforgettable step back in time, ride our coal-fired, steam-powered narrow gauge train to the historic mining town of Silverton. Savor the 3 1/2 hour journey of relaxation before you get your epic ATV exploring on! When you arrive in Silverton hop off your train and skip over one block to your Hotel, The Bent Elbow. Check in and go out and visit our Quant little Mining town and enjoy a wonderful lunch at one of our many restaurants in town. Head over to San Juan Backcountry Headquarters at 2:15 for a Truly unforgettable ATV excursion. When you get back to town you will have a bit to shop before heading back to your hotel where you will step back in time for a wonderful dinner (provided by San Juan Backcountry and Bent Elbow Restaurant and Saloon). The next morning you will just have to go down stairs to enjoy an eye opening breakfast before you head back over to San Juan Backcountry Headquarters to get all geared up for yet another epic ATV/UTV adventure. You will ride your ATV or UTV along the old railroad tracks following the Animas River all the way out to our notorious Ghost town, Animas Forks. You will enjoy exploring all the buildings still standing and a wonderful sack lunch before heading back to town on the beautiful coach class open gondola.
Schedule & Details:
- 8:45am – Depart from Durango Train Station via Open Coach Gondula to Silverton.
- 12:30pm –Check into hotel and explore Silverton.
- 2:30-4:30: Guided ATV tour
- 4:30-8:30pm – Return to Silverton to explore/shop and have Dinner.
- 6:00am-10:45 – Have Breakfast and Relaxe
- 11:00am to 2:00pm: Guided ATV or UTV (lunch provided)
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm – Board Open Gondula back to Durango.
- 6:30pm – Arrive in Durango.
All packages include but not limited to
- Round trip Train ride
- One night hotel stay at the Historic Bent Elbow or the newly remodeled Triangle Motel
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Any San Juan Backcountry Rental or Tour and or an Excursion with one of our amazing partners
- Priced for party of two
San Juan Backcountry
1119 Greene Ln Silverton, Co 81433