Silverton Train Ride With ATV or 4×4 Open-Top Suburban Backcountry Tour
You have the option of packaging a scenic train ride with our guided ATV or 4x4 lunch tours! May through Mid-October
With this package you will be riding the bus from Durango at 9:30am. During the bus ride to Silverton you will enjoy cruising over the famous Million Dollar Highway, an American Scenic Byway. Drivers, this is a wonderful drive in itself and you will be able to sit back and enjoy the view.
San Juan Backcountry will pick you up at the bus station in Historic Silverton, Colorado. Your tour will begin from the bus station and from here you will begin your adventure into the backcountry of the San Juan Mountains.
You will experience what it might have been like in the 1800’s when miners and their families traveled. Along the way, you will be viewing waterfalls, ghost towns, wildflowers, mines and just maybe, some wildlife.
You will travel to approximately 13,000 feet in elevation. We will stop and have lunch along the way, where you can take a hike or just sit and gaze at the beauty of San Juan Mountains.
We will arrive back in Silverton at approximately 2:00pm, just in time for you to do some quick shopping or exploring around Silverton. You will board the Train at 2:30pm and will arrive in Durango at 6:30pm. Your return trip to Durango runs through the picturesque Animas River Canyon.
Drivers must be a minimum age of 16 years old with a drivers license. There is no minimum age for passengers.
- 9:30am – Depart from Durango Train Station via bus to Silverton.
- 10:45am – San Juan Backcountry Pick-up at Silverton Train Station.
- 11:00am to 2:00pm: Guided ATV or 4×4 Tour (lunch provided).
- 2:00pm – Return to Silverton to explore/shop.
- 2:30pm – Board Train for Durango.
- 6:30pm – Arrive in Durango.
- Bus and Tour
- Lunch (includes large sandwich, potato chips, candy bar, bottled water, and a souvenir “string backpack”. Sandwich choices are: Ham, roast beef, turkey or vegetarian)
- Standard-class coach seat on train
- Train Seating can be upgraded for an additional cost. Upgrade to premium-class train seating!
- Cancellation Policy
We ride rain or shine, making it a part of the Colorado experience.
Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to your reservation time and date or you will forfeit any fees already paid. If you cancel anytime before the 48 hours prior to your reservation, you will be charged a 10% booking fee.
All taxes included.
Prices and times subject to change without notice.